Valentine’s Day is upon us and whether you’re a big fan of the goopy, lovely-dovey, all-in-pink, angels everywhere holiday, or not it’s hard to ignore its yearly occurrence. At its core, Valentine’s Day is all about hetro couple love. And we all know that love comes in so many other shapes and forms. It’s one of the reasons Galantines’ was embraced by women worldwide, after Leslie Knope in Parks and Recreations (played by the legendary Amy Poehler) introduced it significance on the show.
We at Whiplr believe that love comes in so many shapes, frames, and constructs: hetro-love, poly-love, self-love, and more are all meant to be celebrated. And is there no better way to celebrate your love than to show your appreciation in the sheets? Want to add some spice to a ten-year marriage? How about adding a new hot twist to your usual booty call? Or if you’re going solo this February 14th, may we suggest taking care of yourself by treating yourself to a nice evening in your bedroom?
Sex toys, in all their variety are a perfect way to increase enjoyment and intimacy. They add spice and intrigue and may teach you about new sensations you didn’t think were possible. But how do you choose the right sex toy?
To help we’ve compiled a list of toys and advice to help you find your own special toy for your special night(s).
General Sex Toy Buying Advice
Before you click the purchase button on any sex toy website, we suggest you follow these basic and crucial guidelines:
- When ordering a new toy, pay attention to the manufacturer’s guideline regarding maintenance and cleaning.
- Check materials used for manufacturing the toy for allergens, possible sensitivities, and safety instruction for using the toy on sensitive body parts.
- Always clean your toys before and after use. Soap and water are usually enough (unless stated otherwise).
- Some toys are not meant to be shared. If they are, cleaning them before and after use is even more crucial.
Sex Toys for Partners
Have a special someone in your life or just someone for the night? Here is a list of some of the best sex toys to use with a partner. If you’re new to sex toys and a little shy about having them out in the open, these toys can perfectly fit in your cupboard or bedside drawer.
- Lovehoney’s Bionic Bullet 5 Function Vibrating Rabbit Cock Ring is made for couples. It features a vibrating cock ring and bunny ears to guarantee both male and female stimulation. It’s also a good starter toy for inexperienced users because if its simple design.
- Are you in female relationship but still enjoy penetrative sex? Try out Tomboi Harness Briefs are made as a dildo harness. Instead of chains and gapes and uncomfortable plastic, these briefs are made of fabric and are easy to take off or put on as regular panties. and have a special insert that securely hold a dildo of you choice.
- How about exploring other sexy areas of your body? If you’ve ever been a little bit curious about butt play, may we suggest the Novice Butt Plug. Its shape and size is perfect for newbie users and it comes with a handy, discreet case for easy storage.
Sex Toys for Solo Users
While many women may own vibrators or variations of the magic egg and most men might feel their hand and some lotion are enough to do the trick, a special night requires a special sex toy and bring your orgasm to the next level.
- Ladies, want to feel excited from the inside out? Check out LUNA Beads. The beautiful and innocent looking double beads are meant to be inserted and interact with your body’s movements, promising stronger and more intense climaxes.
- Gents, we’ve got you covered too. For a night of self-pleasure may we suggest the ELEMENT MS Male Stroker. It’s designed to stimulate the frenulum, the male equivalent of a the clitoris. It’s moldable and meant to fit with your body to heighten your experience.
Go Kink or Go Home- Toys for Kinky Newbies
You can use this Valentine’s Day to introduce some kink into your sex life. Whether both of you are newbies or one a more kink experience than the other, it’s always best to start out slow and with toys designed for beginners use.
- Although a simple item, the Pipedream Fetish Fantasy Pleasure Tape is designed for use on skin. It’s made to stick to itself but not to skin or hair, preventing any unwanted pain or unintentional waxing.
- Want to add some heat? Try out safe temperature play with low heat candles. Massage Oil Candles are a good way to introduce temperature play into your kinky play, as they are meant to be used on the body, are safe for skin, and tend to run a little cooler than regular candles.
- Is bondage one of your fantasies? Than start out with the ultimate bondage kit Bondage Boutique Red Hot Passion Bedroom Bondage Kit which includes everything you might need to use on your first bondage experience, including blindfolds, a ball gag, and of course handcuffs.
- Not ready to splurge? Read our previous blog about DIY sex toys you can find at home and use for your first kink adventure.
Want more hot tips for kink play? Curious to learn about other ways to enhance your sex life? Check out our blog for more.